Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Factual Personal Pet Peeve Of The Year

I want to flesh out the quick post from last night, first.


Because of the number 89 and severs other nice matches Hubbard suggests that maybe although not being actually Jesus (he could be) he at least might be destined as the one to point out to the world that we are all Jesus. His Dad is 89, too. If he's looking for a third member of the trinity I suggest that I already found it. THE CHOSEN ONE = 98. 89, the mirror of 98. ADAMS =11. 89, the 11th prime number. My analysis from months ago, Jamal Adams, NY Jets safety. We thought it was a Super Bowl pick, but it's bigger than that.


____________________________________________________
This is a personal pet peeve of mine. After blogging for about a year I think I've earned a bit of a vacation. It does involve a factual error. It was in a gematria narrative. But didn't really affect the narrative.


I play chess. Pretty well. (Reference The Ghost of Geza Maroczy Plays Chess. And others. I talk about chess too much.) I get disturbed every time the board is set up wrong, like a recent episode of The Walking Dead.


The most common mistake in chess in film is that it's used to show, "I'm a bad guy. I'm really smart. See my chessboard." And then he's shown not to be that smart because the lighter colored square is always in the right corner when the pieces are properly set up. And whomever set the board up for the filming didn't know that and it becomes a 50% coin flip for getting it right.


Chigozie Truth, in a reply to a comment on a video called the sports referees "chessboard colored". I've already given you the problem with this. The squares are light and dark, not strictly black and white. It would have been better to use the traditional sports nickname for referees of zebras, which are strictly black and white.


Not all referees are clothed black and white. Any coloring to clearly differentiate them from the players is used, to avoid confusion with being someone playing the game. Team sports are multicolored in light and dark shades so you can easily tell one team from the other. Home team colors and away team colors. Neither black and white striped.
 
As for chessboards, I can't remember the last time I saw a black and white board. It's especially irksome in movies because the smart villain is always some rich murderer or something, and the chess set is made of wood. The board is made from two types of wood, alternating light brown and dark brown shades. I'm rich! I'm smart! And I don't know how to set up a chessboard! Just try and catch me, Adrian Monk! For black colored wood, ebony is about the only option.


For the cheaper chess playing crowd, tournament chess has vinyl roll up boards. The most common color combination is green for dark and white. I've seen brown and white in play. Checkers is played on the same style board and usually red and black. Any combination of light colored and dark colored squares that is aesthetically pleasing with the color of the pieces. But black and white chessboards? Nah.


I know what you're thinking. What? No numerology at all? And no Australia reference? What????


Ha! Ian Rogers, from Hobart, Australia.


HOBART=64  64 squares on a chessboard.


And that's Ian Rogers the chess grandmaster, not the other Ian Rogers in Wikipedia. THE RUGBY REFEREE! See, things aren't always so black and hite

No comments:

Post a Comment