Sunday, December 24, 2017

It's "Say Something Nice For Christmas" Time

There's the famous story from World War I where the opposing sides put aside the business of trying to kill each other, left the trenches and sang Christmas carols together. Then returned to the trenches and carried on the next day and went back to work. In honor of that, under the far less severe circumstances here compared to the stark reality of Christmas away from home and imminent death I offer these. There is no intent for any sarcasm.


Dan loves his daughter. The details he throws in make that abundantly clear. I know she likes pancakes, or at least used too. She loved her Dream Tent present this year. And so on. And Dan produced the single funniest comment I read this year. (I don't think I shared this before.). When Trump made his stupid comment about Pocahontas, Dan fired off about how he, "probably meant Poke A Hot Ass.". It's not easy to make me laugh out loud, but I did here. And I shared it with others and it was regarded as truly funny by all.


Derek has a cat. I don't know how long ago he had it. I don't know if it's been in videos ages ago I missed. I just saw it a couple of times recently. But he doesn't just HAVE a cat. He takes care of it. Instead of just lying around sleeping in the background it will be right next to him getting stroked and looking happy. Cats are cool.


Hubbard, I'm starting with a small one. Somebody put an anagram up for LABRAT KNATS that made absolutely no sense. There was no K and just wrong. He and others did correct it. The other one is more personal to me. My Dad had to finish his military training in Iceland and was away for Christmas for the first time. It was not a happy time for him. His "friends" introduced him to boilermakers and he got plastered. Dad came back home and eventually became a math teacher. Hubbard has taken on that teaching hat with a video including how to do gematria in your head. I can't do gematria in my head beyond 3 or 4 letter words. And it's not just putting the video out, there were several genuine comments thanking him for the lesson.



No comments:

Post a Comment