Friday, May 19, 2017

Bringing Home The (Francis) Bacon

I wasn't clear what the Francis Bacon "cipher" was in numerology. So I researched and immediately it all became...more unclear.


For the longest time I always got the same results in the Gematrinator calculator. Finally while searching for 137 numbers in my un-Ing project I got the answer. At least the answer to how it's used in Gematrinator, and therefore by Dan and Zach.


Different websites gave conflicting information. Two were close....a 24 letter Elizabethan alphabet with no j. One said no u, one said no v. This would tend to make me think that these letters would count as 0 in the Gematinator. Nope. Jenna is still Jenna, not enna. Once I saw a 137 total in FB I finally understood how for good or for evil FB system is the same as ordinal except that if a letter is capitalized it's worth its normal ordinal value +26.


If I type in a word that is not normally capitalized I use lower-case. Like 'computer' instead of 'Computer'.


One thing is clear. It's yet another cheat to change the source data into a different total. I would think Sir Francis would expect that Jenna is capitalized and computer is not. Unless some new age hippie couple or Frank Zappa named their child Computer.


At least they haven't gone so far as to be so blatant as to try and use 'ComPUteR'. Yet.


The third WebSiTe mentioned something I noted earlier. These gematria calculators are not using ciphers. A cipher is something to encrypt information. This other webSIte states that the actual Francis Bacon ciphering system overlaid blocks of five letters with two different typesets, usually normal and italics. How this became changing capital letters to +26 is a mystery. I haven't found it anywhere.


Another objection to reductions I have is that these entities with near infinite power choose to make things lower in value. If there's something special about a letter wouldn't it make more sense to increase the value?


With a holiday coming up I'm feeling generous and I suggest creating the Kevin Bacon expansion anti-cipher. Back in January I suggested that the liberal ways in which they pick dates for what is important made it comparable to playing Six Degrees of Bacon. Chris Cornell died 117 days before Sophocles birthday who's name=86, etc...


If you can tie a letter into anything related to Kevin Bacon you can double the value. You don't have to. But you can. Which basically means that you can create any number you want. It's just faster this way and doesn't waste everyone's time.


Another thing that is clear is that Francis Bacon and e.e. cummings were not friends

No comments:

Post a Comment