Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Latest Google Doody

Doody - Noun. Slang for feces.


Trying to make this as short as possible. I might ramble and get too wordy.


Somehow Google/YouTube got wind of content that violated their guidelines on content in regards to "hate speech" in one of Hubbard's videos. The end result is a "strike" on his channel and a probationary period. My gut reaction was to instantly assume this was faked, but it is real. There's a friendly warning message that the video in question is not available.


This triply sucks. Everyone has the right to free speech in this country. I don't want Google flagging me for this blog, lord knows there are plenty of fbombs peppered throughout here. As with the first run of the video which I missed (I rarely watch any videos in full) people have the right to simply not view it. You don't take a six year old to a George Carlin live show.


And now he gets to play the martyr card. Great. Some idiot Google employee doesn't realize how totally ineffective, even counterproductive, this was. He's got a back up channel and a blog. He's not going anywhere. Sure enough we already have a blog post proving Facebook's new crackdown on extremism is out to "get him.". Proving it with numerology. Ok. Yeah. Sure.


I posted here awhile back some thoughts about this. I don't see how Google (all social media) can possibly police the mess they've created. There's so much out there that what crosses the line has got to be impossible to define. Like I said, I don't know. Haven't seen the video in question. So if it was justified it's step closer to censorship. And frankly, I lose a great source of material.


So there 's you three pack. Constitutional rights/martyrdom /potential loss of source material. No more will be discussed here on the topic. The purpose of this blog is to show the various ways gematria doesn't work, not getting into any debate on whether proclaiming a terrorist act is a hoax counts as extremism. (I think that's the insinuation. Not sure.) My blog topic is on why words & numbers don't prove that the subject proclaimed to be a hoax is a hoax.


I've already spent too much time on this and will be violating my self imposed rule of one post a day rule as it is. So I'm about to work on my planned (and unflattering) post.



No comments:

Post a Comment