Monday, May 7, 2018

The Blockbuster Effect Hits Gematria

https://www.google.com/amp/s/devops.com/the-blockbuster-effect-in-the-age-of-automation/amp/

In my misspent 20’s I traveled around video stores amassing a rather impressive collection of now obsolete video cassettes.  Fortunately someone gifted me an old working VCR, probably stolen from a museum somewhere, a couple of weeks ago.  Just in time for dredging up my old copy of Rosemary’s Baby for review last week.

I experienced the “Blockbuster Effect” first hand during the collection process.  Before BBV and in its infancy the Mom & Pop video stores ruled the land.  Back when gematria was gematria you would find the new releases out of stock unless the store let you reserve it.  If you didn’t want to go home empty handed you could take back a copy of.... a crappy unknown movie.  Which was great for me.  I would rather watch Return of the Aliens’ Deadly Spawn than Men In Black anyway.

When I see a critter like that and a bloody severed human arm on the floor Joe Average says, “I don’t want to see this movie”.  I say, “I don’t want to see this movie.  I need to see this movie.
Once Blockbuster got traction it was the end of the Mom and Pop stores.  Only able to purchase one or a few copies of the new releases they couldn’t match Blockbuster’s buying power.  (The same business model tha Wal-Mart used to put Toys R Us, et. al out of business).  And although for a time I personally enjoyed massive growth in my 2500+ title collection it’s hard to buy a used video on sale from a store that doesn’t exist anymore.  Mom & Pop would sell movies off that we’re collecting dust since Blockbuster was giving the ➡️mainstream⬅️ masses what they wanted.  The new releases.

Video is a form of media.  Many companies took pride in calling themselves retro or alternative.  Or schlock or whatever.  Before BBV the boom to fill up the shelves made tons of crappy movies that you used to only be able to find on something like USA’s Up All Night weekly program.  Easily argued as not being mainstream media.  Can you really with 100% accuracy claim that every movie ever made is “mainstream” or not?  No way.  The same way you can’t determine a dividing line between puppies, insects and lampreys having animal rights you can’t declare it other than a completely subjective assessment of “I told you so”.

And if that is or is not mainstream, where does that fit in to the “113 is the mainstream number of dishonesty” bullshit argument?  Because now with the way that bullshit argument is being used, EVERY SINGLE THING EVER RECORDED ON FILM is dishonest.  In practice this is used to pick and choose in a disguised manner where the title would be turned into 113 and cherry picked as evidence, ignoring that everything can be eventually changed into 113.  If you need to know, DIGITAL FILES=113 in ordinal.  In reduced DISHONEST=41 and VIDEO TAPE=41 in Chaldean.  I do like that DIGITAL FILES number since that includes all digital media like a weekly digital audio file presentation which you might know better as a podcast.

Sadly, there’s another point to this.  I checked gematriacalculator.com last week and got the friendly warning message that its security certificate had expired and I really didn’t want to go there in case some cypercriminal was seeking to mess up my credit rating.  Which is probably not the case since somewhere last night the message changed to the browser telling me it can’t find the server at all.

Turning to gematrix.org, 113 has only been searched 15 times, and a couple months ago they started promoting their new site.  Based in Israel.  In Hebrew.  I expect that my readers have as much chance of understanding Hebrew as they do of having seen Return of the Aliens’ Deadly Spawn.  I won’t be surprised if the English site disappears.  This is no reason to gloat about the imminent death of gematria.  A likely reason for the demise of one and changes in the other, Gematrinator.com.  The Blockbuster Effect.  It’s way to easy for “conspiracy” gematria to be practiced instead of “religious” gematria.  First exposure is far more likely to hear about false flags and scripted sports than Rita511’s daily bible verses.  But there’s no reason to lose too much heart.  The state of conspiracy gematria has its own problems and maybe as soon as tomorrow will be addressed in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment