Tuesday, January 23, 2018

No It Isn't

Comment on disabling comments:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yMNNDAqwg2s


I still have homework to do. I've finally nailed down links, but still can't attach images. I may have to upgrade to a new phone or break down and buy a PC to attach photos.


So, that's not ideal. You still have to click on the header to see the detail that I can't show from my screen grab.


"All I'm doing is sharing very basic math."


No you aren't.


Just like the rest of the lot of you, you're putting up impossible to be proven information based on the results of simple math under a clickbait title.


Basic math, yeah, I'll give you A=1,B=2.... or whatever the letter values are. Total those up. Pretty basic. Where you go after that is hardly simple math. Some of the other math isn't a stretch. XXX is prime number XX. XXX is number. It has a well accepted position on the ordinal list of prime numbers. It's still a number and numbers mean math. Not really. If I have a set of encyclopedias and I want the 'C' volume, I could count out to the third volume, starting at A on the left. 1-2-3. Or I could simply do what normal people do and look for the C on the cover. Much handier especially if my precocious niece was over using the books as building blocks and they didn't get put away in the normal order. In the same way, if I want to see '4' in math it doesn't make sense to think that I have to look for '7' because that's the fourth prime number.


Really laughable is the number shaving things. 133->331->133331->1331. Oh yeah, that makes all kinds of sense. Basic math tells me that I can do that. And on top of getting rid of an inconvenient 3 the first math base result is expanded, then contracted. It's certainly not a basic process and all the math I learned never taught me to expand and contract - without any guidelines on when you're supposed to do it.


The idiot trolls responded emotionally and the comments got disabled. Not everyone knows the actual time line like me. After the comments were disabled there was a period of time where Likes and Dislikes were still active. Those have now been disabled. If people are to watch and judge for themselves it's their right to dislike a video. Just because this video wasn't so popular, the votes of the community are shut down? Last I saw it was about 50%-50% after a time period where there was about 20 more dislikes than likes. Wouldn't it have been easier to use your basic math to just prove that likes outnumbered dislikes 10,000 to 1?


Likes 110. Dislikes 122. Expand likes to 110000. Drop a 2, Dislikes =12. Problem solved! My over sensitive ego has been massaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment