Monday, January 15, 2018

Gematria Glossary Of Misused Terms

Some are just wrong. Some are used in the wrong way, to the point of being purposefully misleading. It's time to start collecting these all in one spot.


1). Prediction. That's PRE-diction. It means forecast, not postcast, aftercast, or even Waituntilthegameisalmostoverandtheresultisvirtuallyknowncast. Which happens a lot. Mentioning, "I like Minnesota's 98 tie in, but look at those 57's for Philadelphia" does not entitle you to claim that both or either was a prediction. If these were predictions all you would have to do is say, "Here's all 32 teams, one will win the Super Bowl. Predicted it!" Same goes for all ritual sacrifices, "Some big name star will die in December". Oh, a whole month for someone to make it to a headline. Here's an actual prediction: I predict Hubbard will find yet another excuse to delay the release of his book until at least March 2018. Specific, identifiable. No excuses afterwards. I'm right or I'm wrong, and I'm going on record NOW.


2). Ordinal - We're better at this now. At least it's commonly just called "Reverse" instead of "Reverse Ordinal".
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/ordinal
Know whatcha mean, but ordinal is a position in a series. Reverse of what order? If I reverse an order of letters that begins with q it still is based on an order, just not what you're used to.


3). Evidence - I have evidence the brown spots in my back yard are caused by my neighbor's non existent dog. Because I said so. Get a grip. You have absolutely zero evidence that anything meaningful is produced through gematria.


4). Research - Remember, there's more than one definition. Actual research done is, "Hmmm. Should I bang the text of the singer's death from yesterday or the latest Simpson episode into my calculator? Let me see if someone else did those already.". When you're implying that you found a dusty book in the library, not to put text into the calculator, but actual scientific research uncovering how Francis Bacon made the ciphers that bear his name.


5). Slander - Maybe this is just Hubbard. Slander and libel are not synonymous. They're close and lots of people get them wrong. No excuse.


6). Decode - Yeah right. If my friend writes me a message in special code that reads, "*%4#1 \? <]12^9@ 7;*-"  and the translation is "Gascan jodhpur twinkle" I should know what that means. If I have to decrypt that I haven't decoded the message.


7). Coincidence - coincide - occurring at the same time. Stop claiming there are no coincidences at all. If you have the TV on and you are reading this, those two coincide. What you mean is that "thus and such is a spectacular event and was caused by thus and such event with temporal proximity", followed up by insinuation that some mythical organization is responsible.


8). Shill - This is used like it's an outside party, paid to infiltrate and antagonize. It's not. It's somebody in on a scam to fake making it look legit. Like the three card monte stooge that wins to make it look legit to attract the innocent marks. A true shill would be your friend, and you probably not be calling him a shill. Stick with disinformation agent.


To be added to as time goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment