Sunday, March 24, 2024

March Madness Gematria Part 3

 




I was wrong about my first round leading into the second - I had SMC beating Alabama and couldn’t possibly get it right.  One of my offbeat picks was Texas over Tennessee that was a tough fight, but ultimately a loss for Team Not Gematria.  No big deal, and on the plus side Gonzaga, although favored got through a tough fight with Kansas being down by a point at the half before a swarming defense and hot shooting turned it into a rout.  And actually, if Texas had won I’d probably had made the top 50 leaderboard of all brackets submitted.  After the Gonzaga results and the other early game that I got right I was ranked #132 out of 26.6 million 


With half the games done for round two I have 420 points.  This is only 20 points, 2 first round or one second round correct pick, off the pace of the tied for 45th place on the leaderboard.

Now what does that mean, to me, to the gematria decoders and the world at large?

I still have a chance to be the top dog.  Probably if Clemson loses today I can kiss that goodbye.  If I max out today’s results and finish 14 out of 16 for round two I can gloat a while longer.  Then see if my other less offbeat picks come through - as the tourney gets deeper typically  the Cinderella stories drop off after one big upset and very few people get a big push from a crazy low seeded Hail Mary pick.  And we’ll go back to this in a bit.

The gematria world?  Well they are busy talking about their brackets.  Not the leaders, the newbies and diehard gullible clowns that are posting in the comments of the leaders videos.  You see, it’s all theater.  Hubbard isn’t openly talking about his picks.  It’s behind a paywall and he’s never going to release a full bracket on day one of March Madness.  He usually only looks ahead to the current round of games, armed with advance knowledge of who is matched up.  Then he makes an educated guess on the outcome relying on non-gematria sources like millions of non-gematria influenced brackets.  It’s so magical that he can find a narrative for a heavily favored Illinois to beat Duquesne.  If Duquesne had advanced to the Elite Eight he wouldn’t be announcing his belief in them before the first round game.  That’s where the main weapon in his arsenal comes into play in this hypothetical - vaguely worded picking off both teams so he can say I told you so.

He relies on people not doing actual research when they get involved.  This tourney’s videos are NOT about what is going on in the this tournament.  They are part of the show for upcoming sports seasons.  The first time confirmation bias challenged decoders getting hooked on the NBA finals coming up aren’t going to look back years ago to what is actually going on.  They are going to consume their information skewed with the equally bad decency bias.  Assuming that the more recent videos about this March Madness are on the up and up.  And if they’re unlucky enough to make it the NFL next year they are closed minded enough to believe his constant Big Lie about the number of Super Bowl winners he’s picked.  Last we heard it’s only one in a decade.  Yeah, only one wrong if you get to change your pick a couple dozen times and wait until the finalists are decided.  Go back through his videos and blog posts and lock for screenshots like mine - actually showing what I have picked in advance for eight games.  You aren’t going to find it.  The best you’ll find is “well there’s this 47 ritual going on blah blah blah but you have to like how it’s the Jesuit anniversary of blah blah blah” and waffling between both teams.

Looking in advance to my possible outcomes again.  It’s a no win situation for me, tue non conspiracy theorist.  If I succeed in any way, it’s because that’s rigged that way.  If I stumble today and completely fall down, see how great the gematria is?  These are a group of people that at least subconsciously are used to being wrong a lot.  And instead of taking action to better themselves and adding a heavy dose of needing instant gratification they get a small window of a couple of sports seasons to feel superior to those that are intellectually and morally better than they are.  And this is the attitude that carries over into the lack of worth ethic and voting without an ounce of critical thinking that makes misinformation and disinformation so potent a threat.

Summing up the scenario where I continue to post bragging rights for the remainder of this March Madness.  The one where they’d claim it’s rigged to make me the gematria critic look good.  Well, there’s lots of critics out there to make look good.  They just aren’t as vocal about it is me.  Please explain if it’s rigged to make me look good, why the fuck it’s happening now instead of in 2018 when this blog got rolling?  If it’s a to reward me financially, why not just give me the money under the table, and a lot more money than ESPN’s big prize?  The massive amount of effort to rig a 67 game tourney just for little ole me is ridiculous bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment