Monday, April 16, 2018

The Fibonacci Cipher

Nobody (important) asked for it, so you got it

Why, oh why did I actually watch several minutes of that when I knew it was going to just make me clench my teeth for holding back the gamma radiation spawned,  green colored monster inside me I’ve been trying to keep in check.

Errghh.  Argh.  Growl.  Snarl.  Masticate. Grahrr.

So this isn’t even just called the Fibonacci cipher, it’s importanint (a mash up of important and impertinent) enough to be deemed Fibonatria.  Thanks to the “that reminds me of” game, very appropriate that Fibonatria is a mash up of fib-and-gematria.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, the video author, eXiT TiMe, appears to be genuinely sold on the idea that some mystical elision was being used by a super powerful organization that sucks ass at hiding their hiding.  Not realizing that he admits he created this instead of researching some dusty tome located in a Flemish crypt or some more genuine way of actually proving that this super powerful group of ass suckers ever used this.  Completely unsurprisingly matches to small numbers validate the gematria and another unnecessary elision is born.  But, benefit of the doubt.  He’s not in your face with the “I’m so smart!” attitude.  That is, he’s not hiding it, it’s completely absent.

The reason I made it as long as I did was to see how the gigantic numbers of the upper end of a 26 number sequence would be addressed.  So as shown, if A=1,B=1, C=A+B=1+1=2, D=3, E=5 eventually the numbers get pretty big.  A common example of increases in this format is the old story of folding a piece of paper.  With the power of doubling, the 20th fold would make the paper higher than Mt. Everest, 42 folds reaches the Moon.  Look it up.  The answer is, there is no Fibonatria, per se. It’s Fibonatria Reduced.  Everything is single digits or 10, the chart is in the video.m

Dude.  You realize that makes absolutely no sense, right?  You just increased the value of each letter, then immediately lowered it before comparison to other words in the same raised/lowered fashion.  I can apply any manner of increasing I want then lower it in any manner I want and get any number I want and match any word I want, and I personally could make it sound reasonable.  I’ve had lots of practice.  And I’m better at math.  Which is part of the problem.

I really don’t think you’re qualified to pass judgment on the soundness of a made up elision by acknowledging that the Fibonacci sequence is infinite.  With an infinite array of options available and the wonders of actual quantum cryptography it’s pretty unlikely an evil empire would settle for 7 out of the available 10 single digits.  The decision to leave 10 as 10 instead of 1 is completely arbitrary.  And.  Yes, 0 is in fact a number.  No, really.

Still in benefit of the doubt instead of full sarcasm mode, and for the benefit of newcomers here, I offer two examples that should clear it up.  I’m addressing this in case claiming “0 is not a number” is justification for this hypocritically applied dropping zeroes in gematria rule.

There  is some argumentative commentary out there that zero is a concept, and not a number.  If zero was not a number, then even gematria by definition wouldn’t work, because addition is the process of adding numbers together.  Now, answer the question here:
What is 0+1?
If you said 1, you’re fine.  You just added the two numbers together and got the resulting number.  If you said in all sincerity, “I have no idea because that dang zero there is just a concept”, then you have a problem.

Example two, a variation of the first.  Don’t start at 0 and count upwards.  Start at -10 and count upwards by 1 to +10.  Do you really think there’s some conceptual black hole in the middle of -1 and 1 or is there a 0 in there?  Planar coordinates with 0 are used in GEOMETRY which is supposed to be part of GEMATRIA.

Indulging in some sarcasm to discourage further offerings from eXiT TiMe.  Perhaps you’d like to spend some time working on capital letter based elisions?  You do seem to have a knack for making questionable use of them.  Francis Bacon would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment