Sunday, June 10, 2018

TED Talks Experiment - How To Ruin Your Reputation




One of the ways I’m going to go wrong is getting these out of the best order available.  I did get more information than I expected.  So I’m going to jump right in to the big one and get it over with.  This screenshot shows the juvenile pun that got me in hot water.  In the first day among a generous number of 👍 the complaints were limited to the format of the pun.

Then somebody broke the ice.  After that it was exclusively about the content of the pun.

I do have to take a minute to point out what amuses me.  I wasn’t going to and I considered redacting names.  But this being information that is “out there” is part of what this is all about.  Our empathic soul writer here may have a different dictionary than mine, as empathy requires a frame of reference of understanding others.  The irony of her not knowing my frame of reference amuses me.

Now, keep in mind that I’m as they say, asking for trouble.  So being called juvenile is to be expected.   considering the limited information available.  The comments that translate to a variation of “not funny” are par for the course.  The waters get muddied with Diane’s comment that seems to suggest I’m a misogynist based on one string of lowbrow puns.

This happens all the time on social media. People jumping to conclusions without all the facts.  Which sounds a lot like the conspiracy theorist way of thinking.

If I was truly motivated in to arguing with Diane I could begin by suggesting she doesn’t look for deep meaning in the comments section of social media, call her an obvious feminist Nazi, and make up all kinds of other unfounded claims that I also do not have a reference point for her motivations for her comment.

An immediate return on investment in the gematria world is that these are words and they do equal numbers.  And there’s no way of telling what the context is.  A pun told intentionally to be juvenile and intended to be rude should have a different value than one intended just to amuse your equally juvenile friends in the men’s locker room.  A pun told by a psychologist as an example to his patient should have a different value than either of those.

Now, I did annoying jokes for about two weeks over mostly seven different and quite varied websites.  On purpose TED was the one that was most likely to be considered something other than pure entertainment.  People seem to expect the comments to be a little more deep.  I propose to you that gematria videos are made by people that think the content is deep (which it’s not) and that they are purposefully juvenile and offensive because that’s where the majority of the entertainment value is.  Sure some of them may tone it down better than others, but the comments are riddled with tranny suggestions and brutal character assassination (a lot of which are dead people that can’t find back).  I also propose that gematria existing in its current form for over five years-

Has already totally worn out it’s welcome and will never be taken seriously.  This may all be confirmation bias on my part, finding the answer I wanted and expected.  But I do have some small evidence instead of just saying, “I imagine if you act like jackass long enough that....”. Been there.  Done that.  Yes, I have more examples than just this.

Again, I don’t make a habit of watching a bunch of non-gematria conspiracy videos so I have no frame of reference.  I have seen tons of comments and a lot of gematria material and there is little chance that the past information festering out there is going to gain new recruits other than people that already believe it because it’s cool to be alternative.  They’ve thoroughly ruined their reputations.


No comments:

Post a Comment