Monday, June 18, 2018

Cognitive Bias Takes a Tasteless Turn


Probably I should leave this alone as it could be viewed as a form of harassment or bullying.  But I am starting with information provided from Dan that’s “out there” for anyone to see.  I may take it down voluntarily or have Google send me a friendly note that it needs to go, and I deal with that later.  So let that serve as your warning that this is potentially offensive content, including my own choice of language.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180618050042/http://themindlessfreaks.blogspot.com/2018/06/death-of-another-child-in-town-my.html?m=1

Personally when I was confronted with the death of a four year old girl I did some soul searching and it motivated me to spearhead raising over $100,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I sure don’t expect gematrimooks to think in big picture ideology like that.  It’s not my position in life to tell anyone how to deal with family relationships, raising children, etc....

But for fuck’s sake, Dan.  Your sister is crying and you share that the Organic Matrix (?) has decided this means.   The Super Bowl?????

There’s been lots of Super Bowls and lots of commercials and lots of small numbers that could be generated from them.  I’m sure I can produce a tie in to the Super Bowl from any city in the world.  There are only so many two and three digit numbers, especially when the three digit numbers rarely get above 300.

Here’s a case where my superhuman powers of observation and memory make me privy to information I wish I didn’t know, or else I wouldn’t have proceeded with this as the topic of the day.  I watched a now three week old Dan video on the NFL players kneeling that has a confirmation bias tie in:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahFaxuld6_8&t=230


The spoken words in the video mention that the jersey numbers of 88,10 and 25 are “front and center” and arguably that could be a case for the evil empire stepping in to lay on some serious mockery with the numerical connections (although I find the 10 to be kinda fucking lame).  But he damns himself by including his blog post which mentions these are the only numbers.  Andrew S. correctly points out that you can see the 31 pretty clearly and mentions confirmation bias.

Which of course Dan chooses to ignore even though as author of the video has the YouTube Alarm Bell ring for the troll alert.  He’s got no good answer to why 31 doesn’t fit into his alternate version of reality.  What Andrew S. doesn’t realize is that instead of just confirmation bias on the numbers Dan has Commentation Bias as well.  You are not my friend, you don’t agree with me today.  Die heretic!

Using my new found powers as agent of the Organic Matrix (and increased pay level with a $100 gift certificate for the Cracker Barrel) I suggest that the 131 in the toddler death story is the 31 missing in this video commentary.  After all the kneeling thing in football is a clear turf war issue.  Yeah, you’re not big on suggesting 131=31 but you’re Kettle Logic friends use it.  Without any heavy lifting I can find a dropping of the 1 on Extra Capsa in short order.

And another Dan post from this day is about Jeopardy! which is how he got on my radar screen in the first place.  I used my new magical Organic Matrix super powers to orchestrate that, too.  I’m trying to justify the gift certificate and hope to get promoted to even greater rewards.  Because in the big picture the Organic Matrix doesn’t mind if you find synchronicity in your daughter wanting pancakes for breakfast (true story), we don’t mind so much if you want to think that 131 means Super Bowl=Toddler Death.  We do mind a bit if the idea gets spread around that it’s ok for everyone who wants to use confirmation bias to tell those that don’t that they are wrong.  We have bigger plans, for much, much bigger numbers than a three digit cheapie.  So knock it the fuck off.  Maybe the Organic Matrix was created for you to be the one to get the balls to admit that all these other Organic Matrix agents telling you that you are wrong have good reasons.  Maybe hugging and consoling your sister is a good start.  Without any flipping numerology.

No comments:

Post a Comment