Saturday, February 4, 2017

Nad, How Are You Going To Xavier Ass?

I forgot about my post on January 25th. Doesn't matter, Nad reminded us of his post around that time with his latest.


The mystical, magical number of the day was 24. Xavier was #24 in the rankings. Big game coming up with Creighton which has a link to Uncle Barney* was coming up on 2/4=24. X is the 24th letter of the English Alphabet. 24's all over the place.


This is exactly part of the reason I am blogging about this. Gematria as a tool for prediction totally sucks, and just like Chucky being constantly wrong about Green Bay, Nad went on record and was dead wrong.


As I posted on Jan. 25th I recognized a weakness in his illogic stream. At the time he was working through the numbers Xavier was #24. The rankings were updated and at the time of the game Xavier was not #24 anymore.


In true psychic cold reading fashion he tries to turn a miss into a hit. As demonstrated in the inaugural episode of Penn & Teller Bullshit! it works something like this.


Fake Psychic (as opposed to what other kind?):
I see a flower. Was gardening important to your dead grandmother?
The Mark: Um, no.
Fake Psychic rambles for a while then: What about cooking?
The Mark: Oh, yeah. She always cooked a big breakfast before doing gematria.
Fake Psychic: Oh, I saw FLOUR, not FLOWER.
The Mark: That is so cool, you are awesome. I think I want to rip off your clothes and make violent love to you right here.


Nad conveniently ignores that he was wrong about Xavier's ranking at game time, reduces 24 to 6 by 4+2=6 and works in an F=6 reference to come up with a pretty weak 666 conclusion.


Xavier breath until after the fact since you look slightly less insane then leaping to the wrong conclusion.


And about your Simpsons Falcon episide coincidence. I also got home and caught that episode on FXX. On my Cable its station 267, not 125. FXX shows eight episodes a night back to back Monday through Friday. You said it yourself. It's just a coincidence, and not a particularly remarkable one.


*As long as Uncle Barney is going to get so much coverage me and my crack team of acronym makers (me, the dog and a guy who used to date the great, great granddaughter of the guy who came up with FUBAR) have created one. ARUBA-Another Ridiculous Uncle Barney Anecdote. Simpsons could be ASS for A Simpsons Story and FAmily Guy could be a FAG, but our lawyers are checking if we can keep our content rating where it is with those acronyms.









No comments:

Post a Comment